Saturday, August 31, 2013

Statement of Alderwoman Coggs re: James White, a community leader

                          

                                Milele A. Coggs

                                       6th District Alderwoman


Remembering a special leader, friend,mentor and Godfather

Statement of Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs
August 28, 2013
It is with a heavy heart, through tears and a sense of disbelief that I share some very sad news. Today I lost a great mentor, friend, constituent, agency leader and Godfather, and this community lost James G. White.

There are no words that can adequately chronicle all of his positive attributes and the impact that his words and deeds have had on this community and so many of its members. I had the tremendous fortune of first getting to know Mr. White as a youth when I was involved in various programs. As a Milwaukee County Supervisor he served with vision and integrity, and most recently as Regional Vice-President of WestCare WI -Harambee Community Center (formerly Harambee Ombudsman Project) he led the
charge to bring an unparalleled level of service to the Harambee neighborhood. 

It will always be my honor to have known him, and I will carry with me always the lessons in leadership he shared.

My prayers are with his family at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment