Friday, May 8, 2020

For your loved ones learn to spot a stroke

May is American Stroke Month. The Heart, multiple risk factors, comorbidities that disproportionately impact people of color has always been something I’ve been a relentless advocate for in closing the gap and improving outcomes.

My Grandmother passed away from an event at 55, and I’ve devoted more than 20 years to a healthcare career. That’s why I decided to accept the invite and challenge.

I’m humbled to announce that I am the 2021 Go Red for Women Campaign Chair for the American Heart Association of Greater Milwaukee, and the first woman of color to ever Chair a local campaign.

Join me as I launch our campaign on May 28 @ 530pm with Go Red For Women Couch Conversations featuring renowned author, Vivian L. King.

During this Couch Conversation, she will be reading excerpts from her book, "When the Words Suddenly Stopped: Finding My Voice Again After a Massive Stroke," and then having a conversation with two of her friends IN the book, June Perry and Genyne Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment